DANCE LESSONS WITH LYANA KHATATBABook a class
Order a call back
Dance Classes Toronto
"Hips Don't Lie" is one of the best dance companies in Toronto. We are about dance and enjoyment, offering amazing dance classes for adults in multiple styles. Enjoy the freedom the dance offers you and leave your stress and concerns out on the floor. Dance is the most convenient path to joy, and you will like it. You can sign up for one of our drop-in adult dance lessons today.
Who We Are and What Kind of Adult Dance Classes We Offer
Our dance company in Toronto offers almost all dance styles for drop-in classes with the most creative and experienced dance teachers. You can easily start with the beginner level and then move on to the desired results.
We do not have a special brick-and-mortar studio somewhere in one area of our big city. You won't need to waste a lot of time finding it and commuting there. You can find dancing classes near me in every part of Toronto. Sign up, drop in, and choose your dancing style and level easily.
Here are the best dancing classes at "Hips Don't Lie":
- Latin dance;
- jazz dance;
- belly dance;
- contemporary dance;
- hip-hop dance;
- wedding dance;
- burlesque dance;
- ballroom dance;
- Bollywood dance.
You may want to know who we are and why so many people appreciate our dancing services and classes so much. Our company provides dancing acts for hire and dance lessons near me, both private and group ones. We work with the most talented dancers and creative dance instructors on the market. We have been on the market for about 12 years and have performed over 8,000 shows. Only professionals with more than 5 years of expertise qualify to work with us. We are truly the most recognized name across many concert and banquet halls in Toronto and GTA.
Our best characteristic is that, when coming, you will feel at home here. We offer private classes when you take a face-to-face dance lesson with an instructor and group dance lessons which you can attend at any time that suits best for you. So, your first task before you start is to decide what type of dance classes you want to take up. All our classes for dance practice are held in real environments but not online.
How to Prepare for Your Dance Classes
So, you have signed up for your first dancing lesson near me. You want to know how to prepare for it and what is expected from a beginner. Consider these important tips to feel comfortable and enthusiastic from the beginning to the end of a session.
- Acquire appropriate dance shoes. You need to try these shoes on but never buy them online because the sizes of such footwear differ from your common street shoes.
- Look for the best dance outfit for you. We do not have any specific dress code in our company. Your clothes should be good-looking and provide comfortable movement.
- Get your hair secured. You won't feel best with loose hair that will prevent you from making certain moves. That's why you must secure it and take it away from your face. Ballet dance usually requires a bun, while other styles are not so demanding. However, if you have hair spray, clips, bobby pins, and hair nets at your disposal, you will be on the safe side. Mind that your hair should never be a distraction, so avoid the need to readjust it during your dance lesson.
- Take a bottle of water with you. You have to remain hydrated while taking your dance classes. Bring water but not juice, tea, or any other drink.
Arrive at the dance class near you at least 10 minutes before the start. It will let you find the location, change clothes, and find the place for your belongings.
- Relax and never worry. Our experienced dance teachers will do their best to help you feel comfortable. You can absolutely trust them. Have fun and enjoy the most engaging atmosphere.
We are sure these tips will help you a lot. So, "Hips Don't Lie" are here with you for the best dancing start and the most professional dance lessons in Toronto.
What Is Expected from You At Our Adult Dance Classes
Have you ever thought about taking up dances? It's incredibly exciting and rewarding, though a bit challenging for the first time. So, you have signed up for dancing classes for adults with us or are about to do that. Excellent! Whether you decide to do ballet, jazz funk, belly, ballroom, hip hop, salsa, or Zumba does not matter. We believe that you have to start by considering the following things to make your first steps smoother.
Start Dance Classes Easily
You may be a complete beginner or have already put in some practice. Nevertheless, the recommendation to start learning beginner dance lessons always works. You may avoid dance challenges and stresses, learn new figures and routines, understand what style of dancing is the best for you, what fitness and other foundational skills you need, and get consistent feedback and advice from a professional dance teacher.
What Type of Dance Classes to Take?
We offer both group and private dance classes for adults near me. You must be mindful of deciding which type to take. Group classes are available at every location. There are about 10-20 students there learning together. Typically, there is one dance teacher. You need to consider whether you feel comfortable in such a group setting. If you catch everything quickly and feel laid-back while making mistakes in public and learning alongside other people, this option is good for you.
However, if you are easily distracted and are not used to learning in a group, a one-to-one dance lesson with a great instructor is a better option. The teacher can customize the lesson to your needs and pace of learning and start wherever you are. You also have a great chance to receive more personal feedback.
What to Expect from Adult Dance Classes?
Expect fast-paced lessons. It means that every adult dance class lasts from 45 minutes to two hours, and you will learn a lot during this time. The dance lesson usually starts with a warm-up, then continues with bar work and floor routines, and then you will work with a properly choreographed dance.
If you are a beginner, you may initially feel overwhelmed by all this. However, if you are well-prepared, have some good fitness, and stay focused during the entire lesson, you will cope with everything easily.
Therefore, you may prefer to take a private lesson, and your instructor will adjust the pace to your needs and requirements if you feel it is too fast for you.
Dance Classes Will Help You Learn a Lot
You will find a lot of new dance moves and terminology. First, it may seem intimidating and uncomfortable. Though if you are open to learning new things, you will succeed soon. Believe in yourself and never say, "I will never be able to dance like that." Even if you are confused a bit, give yourself more time and move forward.
Set Your Personal Goals and Enjoy Adult Dance Classes in Toronto
Every new skill needs setting personal goals. It will show you how to work more efficiently with your body and mind. Consider short-term and long-term goals, especially if you are taking group dance classes near me for adults. You will encounter dancers of any background there. Never try to compare yourself with someone whose skills are more developed than yours.
Adults are not usually consistent enough for many reasons. However, you can overcome the initial difficulties if you work hard and know what to expect. Just relax and enjoy every move and every sound of music.
What Benefits Will You Get From Our Dance Classes?
Many adults today are suffering from the 'couch potato' syndrome. It means they are not motivated at all to do some workout. You may think you are not too athletic or have appropriate fitness levels. You may start with yoga or pilates, of course. However, taking dancing lessons somewhere at the studio near you will replace all kinds of other exercises. Let's have a look at the benefits of living in the rhythm of dance music and feeling healthy.
- Dancing will boost losing weight. It works even better than cycling or jogging. It is a great workout for every adult because all your core muscles work intensively.
- Your memory will boost, too. Remembering routines will help you avoid dementia and other old-age issues.
- You will improve your flexibility and eliminate stiffness. You will get rid of joint pains and strengthen your muscles and bones. This kind of movement benefits your shoulders, back, and arms.
- Dance reduces stress. If you have at least an hour every week on the floor, you will get a good chance to forget all the troubles.
- It is a perfect cardio activity, and your heart will benefit a lot from it.
- You will get a better balance. A nice posture is always beneficial. You will gain better control over your body and look perfect.
- Your energy levels will increase. Studies show that dance improves physical fitness and makes adults more efficient and energetic.
- You will socialize and make new friends. You will feel happier and improve your immune system by experiencing a lot of joy and fun.
- You will learn more about other cultures and customs with various dance styles.
- Your self-esteem and confidence will rise. Your body will learn to move graciously so that you will admire your new image.
- You will get a creative opportunity to express yourself, your personality, and your emotions through music.
- The skills you will learn while dancing are transferable to other realms of life. You will be able to apply them to your career or private life.
So, what do you wait for? Get this fantastic experience with our company, choose a suitable dance class near me, and our professional and talented dance instructors will do their best. Sign to our drop-in Toronto dancing lessons right now.
What type of dance is best for beginners?
First, learning to dance must not be difficult at all. Mastering a chosen dance style is always a great idea and fun. However, not to be discouraged, consider dancing lessons for adults in such styles as waltz, foxtrot, swing, rumba, cha-cha-cha, and other ballroom dances. They have set rules and routines that are easy to remember.
How do I find my style of dance?
You need to watch a lot of videos and start with mastering the fundamentals. Consider your favorite music genre to feel comfortable with it. Start with trying different styles. Work with various instructors who use different methods and ideas. Find more inspiration in them and never focus on the same routines. Be patient and practice a lot.
What kind of dance is suitable for adults?
In fact, it does not matter much what kind of dance and style you may give preference to for your adult dance lessons. Any style is suitable for you. However, it is believed that ballroom dancing and Zumba can do a lot of good for people. In addition, social dancing is immensely popular among all ages nowadays. So, you can consider the following dance styles for the beginning - salsa, bachata, merengue, belly dance, swing, Zumba, or social foxtrot. Don't restrict yourself to these choices. "Hips Don't Lie," with its well-appreciated dance classes in Toronto, offers many more.