Private or Corporate Dance Troupe Performances
The Best Group Dance for Hire | Book Dance Entertainment
TOP RATED DANCERS & DANCE ACTS FOR HIRE!
Order a call back
Book Your Date
NATIONAL FOLK DANCES
We have a fantastic range of national dancers for hire to wow your guests, bring some magic to an event or get everyone up on the dance floor.
If you're looking for something special for your event, look no further han us.
Brazilian dancersBrazilian dance show
Indian dancersIndian dance show
Greek dancersGreek dance show
Dance Groups for Hire for an Event to Remember
Imagine this, your guests arrive at your event and after sitting down with a delicious drink or something to eat, they're treated to a dance extravaganza. Performers in beautiful, brightly coloured costumes move around the room to lively music. You can feel the excitement in the air as your guests watch the show, smiles on their faces.
This could be your big day if you hire famous dance groups for your special event or private party. At Hips Don't Lie we are experts in crafting the perfect performance for you, for every type of event.
Our dancers are experienced in a wide range of dance styles and our dance company has performed at many major corporate events and is well-known on the Toronto dance scene. Our choreographers will work with you and our dancers to bring any vision you have to life - or you can give us a quick brief, leaving the details up to us and trust that we'll provide just the right entertainment for your big day.
Group dance styles
If you want dancers for your corporate event, wedding or party we can provide skilled, showstopping performers who will wow you in a wide range of styles from around the world. Here are some of the styles our female dance troupes regularly perform. Please note that this list is not exhaustive and our dancers are adept at many other styles.
- Salsa is lively and passionate. This style originated in Cuba and is usually danced to Latin music. This style would fit in well in a Latin-themed event.
- Burlesque mixes elements of circus and erotic dancing to create something novel and jaw-dropping, with elegant and sexy costumes. Burlesque dancing is ideal for private parties and events.
- Ballroom dancing is a traditional style that includes waltz, foxtrot, and tango, amongst others. It's often danced at formal events, such as weddings and balls and can add a classy, refined air to your event.
- Bollywood dancing comes from India and is often featured in Hindi movies. This mix of traditional and contemporary styles is vibrant and exciting and is popular at Indian cultural events and festivals.
- Hip-Hop is modern and lively, often with an acrobatic element performed by the dance crew. You'll see this style at street dance competitions and events and it would work well at a birthday party for a young (or old) hip-hop fan.
- Jazz dance has upbeat music, and lively moves and is great fun to watch (and perform). This energetic style will liven up your birthday party or event.
These are just a few examples of the types of group dance our dance company can perform. Contact us now for a quote and to discuss your specific requirements.
The top dance group in Toronto
When you think about Toronto dance companies, think of Hips Don't Lie. When you hire dancers from us you will be getting the best-trained professionals in the business. Our dancers all have at least 5 years of experience performing on the stage and have worked with major dance companies internationally.
With a wide range of styles at their fingertips they will help you celebrate your event with the show of a lifetime. We can work with you to design your custom show, with multiple styles of dance in one night and costume changes to match, so whatever your event you will have a performance to take your guests' breath away. Call us now to hire dancers for your Toronto dance show.
Professional dancers for your event
If you're looking for dance groups near me for your event in Toronto, Hips Don't Lie will provide the best possible entertainment for your big day. Whether you're organizing a wedding, a birthday party, a bar mitzvah, a corporate event or a bridal shower our professional performers will make your event a memorable one.
Our performers have trained at some of the top schools in Toronto and Europe, they have entered (and won) major competitions worldwide, and they have performed on some of the biggest stages in Europe and North America. One thing they all share in common is their passion for dancing and movement and you'll feel that every time they walk onto the stage. Your guests' entertainment is guaranteed and they will go home after your event with some wonderful memories of a great show.
Our choreographers will work with you to create just the right show for your event, tailoring the music, costumes and movements to your needs and requirements. If you want flamboyant - we've got you, or if you want something classy and refined - no problem! Get in touch with us now to discuss your special event.
Frequently asked questions
What is dancing in a group called?
Dancing in a group is often called ensemble dancing. This involves a number of dancers, who have rehearsed together for a while, and perform together as a unit. Their ensemble show will usually have coordinated steps and formations, as they synchronize their movements together.
Many different dance styles make use of ensemble dancing including ballet, modern, tap, hip-hop, and folk dance. The sense of unity and synchronized movement that is created by a large number of people moving together can be truly visually striking and powerful.
What do you call a group of performers?
A group of performers, especially in dance, can be called a troupe, company, ensemble or squad.
- A troupe refers to performers, usually in theatre or dance, who travel and perform together.
- Company is a more professional term used to describe dancing groups. It's more formal and is used for dancers dancing together under a specific business name and direction.
- An ensemble is used for dancers dancing together as a unit, often with coordinated movements and formations.
- Squad is a less formal term and is often used in street dancing, cheerleading, gymnastics, etc.
Depending on the context one term may be more appropriate than the others for each diversity dance group.
How many dancers can be in a small group?
A small group in dance can vary in size depending on the context and the specific performance. Usually, a small troupe would be anywhere between 2 and 8 dancers, although some people would consider 2 to 4 people a small group. These smaller sizes allow for more intimacy and focus on individual dancers as well as their interaction and chemistry with each other.
It's worth noting that in some cases the number of dancers in a group is flexible and it's not always necessary to have a specific number of dancers to call it a small group. Calling it a small group may also depend on the choreographer's vision and the size of the stage or space, the style of dancing and the specific show.
How do you join a dance troupe?
If you are interested in joining a dance troupe, here are some things you should do:
- Research dance troupes in your area by searching online or asking for recommendations from your dancing teachers or other performers.
- Prepare for the audition or open rehearsal by practicing your skills and preparing a routine to showcase your abilities.
- Attend auditions or open rehearsals to see if the troupe is a good fit for you.
Submit an application or resume if required.
- Be prepared to commit to the troupe's schedule of rehearsals and performances if you are selected to join.
- Be open to feedback, and willing to work hard to improve your skills and contribute to the troupe.
Every dance group will require a certain level of professional training and experience before you can join them. Check with the individual group to find out what their requirements are and to see if you meet them.
Is 30 too old to become a dancer?
30 is not too old to become a dancer, and age should not be a limiting factor, as long as you are in good physical health and willing to put in the time and effort to train and improve. You will not be the first dancer to start dancing at an older age, and many people have started learning in adulthood and made careers out of dancing. However, it's important to note that the dancing profession is physically demanding and can be hard on the body, so make sure you have the strength and stamina to keep up with your new passion.
What age is too late to become a dancer?
There is no specific age that is officially "too late" to become a dancer. You can start dancing at any age and many professional performers started their training later in life and still went on to have successful careers.
However, the physical demands of dancing are likely to be more challenging for older people, and certain styles may be more difficult to learn as you get older. The professional world of dancing is also really competitive, so starting training when you're older is likely to make it more difficult to break into the industry. But don't let age be a barrier to pursuing dancing if it is something you're passionate about.